If the heat’s getting to you these hot summer days, it’s time to prioritize drinking water to stay hydrated. Also, if gulping down gallons of tasteless regular water to meet your daily requirement is a turnoff, blackberry-infused water is just what you need.
Bonus point: It’s straightforward to make!
You can customize the drink and add your favorite berries and other ingredients to make it all the more nourishing and delicious. For instance, adding lime will give it a touch of citrus and, ahh, mint! That takes the infused water to another level.
Why Try The Blackberry Mint Infused Water?
With summer breaking out and our ever-busy schedules, it’s easy to forget to refuel our bodies with enough water and electrolytes.
Blackberry mint-infused water drinks are an easy (and delicious) solution for fulfilling your daily water intake. These also give you the much-needed nutrients and vitamins, especially on a hot day.
Since the drink involves submerging certain fruits (especially berries) and veggies in water for at least a few hours or overnight, over 20% of nutrients are absorbed. You can quickly get the rest by consuming the pitcher’s fruit.
Blackberries are the star ingredient of this recipe. Their crisp sweetness is another reason the infused water drink is a super hot recipe amongst the health-conscious and those with a sweet tooth.
Best Time to have Infused Water Drinks
Having blackberry mint-infused water first thing in the morning is the best thing you can do for your body.
Since the drink is mainly composed of water, it gives you the hydrating boost you need to start your day. Infused waters may also help improve the body’s metabolism and facilitate weight loss.
If you take a glass early morning and sip it through before food, that’ll work as the best diet plan for you.
Caffeine Vs. Infused Drinks
If we call for a show of hands for how many of us wake up to the sweet aroma and a nice hot cup of coffee, the number won’t be surprising.
As per research, 62% of Americans drink coffee every day.
However, if you replace the cup of coffee (or mug as it is for most) with this drink, you can kick start your day on a healthy note.
So before you stir up a cup of Joe with those early morning puffy eyes, chug a few ounces of infused water first; as the saying goes, “Hydrate before you caffeinate.”
How Much Blackberry Mint Infused Water to Drink?
Your daily water intake depends on many factors. While the general rule of thumb is to have eight glasses a day, or 64 ounces, experts argue the right amount is half your body weight (in ounces of water.)
Health Benefits of Drinking Infused Water
There are countless benefits of staying hydrated. Water alone can help your body in several ways, so infused drinks only make it much tastier and healthier.
Here are a few benefits of having infused water drinks.
Taste Better than Regular Water
Infused water looks, tastes, and feels more refreshing than a glass of plain water.
The appearance is one of the key factors that make you want to have more water. Hence resulting in better hydration and other health benefits.
The drink is a hundred percent healthy! There are no chemicals, harmful additives, sugar, or sodium. The raw ingredients give it a refreshing taste and aroma.
Herbs and Fruits
Apart from the main ingredients, i.e., mint and blackberry, you can add herbs or other summer fruits of your liking.
Each fruit has a different effect on your body. As your body absorbs the nutrients, you will feel energized, happy, focused, and healthy.
Moreover, the fruit that settles at the bottom of the pitcher is not wasted either! You can eat it all after the drink to get the remaining nutrients.
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of health benefits of mint leaves:
- It helps increase concentration, focus, and cognitive function.
- Reduces headaches and stress.
- In topical creams, Mint (peppermint oil) is commonly used as a pain-relieving agent.
- It helps reduce IBS and calms nausea.
- Mint helps patients deal with breathing troubles.
Blackberries are rich in vitamin C and zinc. Both ingredients are immunity boosters and are very helpful in fighting against diseases.
People undergoing post-surgical recovery can also take the drink (upon consulting with their health specialist) to reduce the healing time.
Blackberries also contain vitamin K, fiber, and manganese.
Multiple Fresh Fruit Combinations
You can enjoy the drink with multiple fruits and make unique recipes with your choice of ingredients. For instance, you can have fun playing around with kiwis, melons, or other seasonal fruits like:
Just chop them up and toss them in to refresh the drink.
Some other benefits of infused water drinks are the same as having regular water throughout the day.
- Water helps in weight loss
- Boosts metabolism and aids digestion
- Lifts the mood
- Provides your body with antioxidants and high levels of vitamins A, C, D, E, and K.
- It improves cardiovascular health and reduces inflammation, and, of course,
- Your skin glows and looks healthy.
Winning Drinks Cuisine Combinations
here are some amazing and loved infused water drinks you must try at home.
- Add different fruits like strawberries, blueberries, melon, grapefruit, etc.
- If you want a change of taste, try sparkling water instead of water.
- You can even add oomph to your drink with fruity ice cubes. They’ll serve a dual purpose: a) They work as ice and keep the infused water chilled and refreshing, and b) they give you the extra delicious, fruity flavor.
Other fruity combinations include:
- Pomegranate and mint combined with orange
- Lemon, mint, and blackberries
- Cucumber and lavender
- Basil, strawberries, and lemon
- Mango and raspberries
- Ginger and oranges
There’s no end to the variety of combinations you can try!
Blackberry Mint Infused Water Recipe
- 1 cup blackberries
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 1 liter Water
- Ice (as desired)
- Place blackberries in a pitcher or mason jar.
- Shake them up so they get around all the corners of your jar.
- Muddle mint leaves between your fingers and put them in the jar.
- Pour cold, chilled water, and add ice.
- Cover with the lid and let the infused water rest for about two hours at least. To get the best flavor, let it stay overnight in your refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.
Make Your Blackberry Mint Infused Water a Winner with These Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips to help you derive the maximum health benefit from your refreshing water-infused drink.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables before adding them to your drink.
- Use agave nectar or honey to give your drink a natural sweetness.
- Press or muddle the mint leaves before adding them to your drink
- Leave all the fruit in your drink for at least 30 minutes before consuming the drink to let the flavors settle.
- Always store the pitcher or mason jar in your fridge.
- You may enjoy the drink for two to three days after making it. But for the best results, consume the whole batch within 24 hours.
Whether you’re looking for a healthy alternative to plain old water or want to avoid fizzy, sugary drinks, blackberry mint-infused water is something you’d love.
It’s perfect for summer and can be made with various fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
Not only does it look cool, but it tastes fantastic and revitalizes your senses and brain.
Rahul is a nutritionist and personal trainer with 3+ years of experience in the field of health coaching. He specializes in nutrition science, with a keen eye for how food choices, lifestyle habits, and physical activity impact our bodies.